Dads Read: National Breastfeeding, Chestfeeding, and Nursing Month
For those interested, here's some data on our Dads Read: National Breastfeeding, Chestfeeding & Nursing Month that took place August 12, 2017.
- 60+ (adults & their children) total individuals attended.
- the youngest attendees were a year-old (seven in total).
- the oldest children attending were 8-years-old.
- the youngest parent attending was 34-years-old.
- the oldest parent attending was 41-years-old.
- three grandparents were in attendance.
- attendees were from Seaside, Pacific Grove, Soledad, Del Rey Oaks, Hollister, Monterey, and Marina.
- most attendees self-identified as Indian, Latina, Asian, Mexican, Black, Xicana(o), Nepali, Dominican, mixed-race, and/or white.
- and the primary language(s) spoken by most attendees was Spanish, Filipino, Nepali, and English.
A special thank you to our Community Sponsor, The Friends of the Marina Library who continues to invest in FoCMC and support our efforts to center the needs of families of color and develop equitable access to resources through advocacy, education, and community building.