Dads Read: Día de los Muertos
For those interested, here's some data on our Dads Read: Día de los Muertos that took place October 14, 2017.
- 50+ (adults & their children) total individuals attended.
- the youngest attendee was 9-months-old.
- the oldest children attending were 8-years-old.
- the youngest parent attending was 25-years-old.
- the oldest parent attending was 37-years-old.
- two grandparents were in attendance.
- attendees were from Seaside, Salinas, Watsonville, Monterey, and Marina.
- most attendees self-identified as Native American, Latinx, Hispanic, Korean, Mexican, Black, Panamanian, Filipino, Nepali, Afrolatina(o), mixed-race, and/or white.
- and the primary language(s) spoken by most attendees was Spanish, Filipino, Korean, Farsi, and English.
A special thank you to our Community Sponsor, The Friends of the Marina Library who continues to invest in FoCMC and support our efforts to center the needs of families of color and develop equitable access to resources through advocacy, education, and community building.