Dads Read: I Am Black History!
For those interested, here's some data on our Dads Read: I Am Black History! that took place February 10, 2018.
- 60+ (adults & their children) total individuals attended.
- the youngest attendee was 8-months-old.
- the oldest children attending were 8-years-old.
- the youngest adults attending were 18-years-old.
- the oldest adult attending was 71-years-old.
- 6 grandparents were in attendance.
- attendees were from Marina, Seaside, Salinas, Carmel, Riverside, Monterey, and Del Rey Oaks.
- 10 attendees are homeschooled.
- most attendees go to J.C. Crumpton Elementary School in Marina, Olson Elementary School in Marina, Mission Park Elementary in Salinas, International School of Monterey in Seaside, Salvation Army Child Development Center in Seaside, Little Rainbow Daycare in Castroville, another private family daycare, and/or aren't old enough to attend school yet.
- most attendees self-identified as Black, Latino(a), Chinese, Chamorro, Native American, African American, Choctaw, Spanish, Afro-Carribean, Mexican, mixed-race, and/or white.
- and the primary language(s) spoken by most attendees was English, Spanish, Mandarin, Chinese, and Arabic.
A special thank you to our Community Sponsor, The Friends of the Marina Library who continues to invest in FoCMC and support our efforts to center the needs of families of color and develop equitable access to resources through advocacy, education, and community building.