FoCMC Meetup: Doe Park AKA Super Park
We are self-identified families of color (IBPoC, transracial adoptive families, caregivers, grandparents, etc.) for whom race, culture, and ethnicity are central to child-rearing and identity. We get together with other families that look like ours to hang out and watch our kids play together. Bring your bikes and helmets -- this spot is perfect for riding!
- The majority of the playground equipment is not ADA accessible.
- Bathrooms are available. They are single stalls and each is ADA accessible but the doors have to be opened manually. There is no gender neutral option.
- There are picnic areas but seating is limited.
- Please bring your kids. This is a family-friendly affair. They can play together while the adults hang out and collaborate at the tables outside next to the playground.
- Light refreshments will be provided. Please RSVP, so we can have enough for everyone. We encourage families, if they are able, to bring something to share potluck-style.
*Adisa (FoCMC co-founder) and Asante (co-founders' toddler) were in a car accident. Everyone is okay but all FoCMC events will need to be rescheduled until further notice. We apologize for the inconvenience.