What can I bring? Anything you’d like to give. From clothes that no longer fit to food, books, bikes, toys, games, stories, crafts, services, performances, music, a skill you’d like to share, or anything else that you think would benefit the community.
The Community Swap is not just a means of getting things without paying. Participation helps build real community values, demonstrates an alternative to the current system of greed, commodification, competition, and exploitation and helps counter the programming that comes from living in a capitalist society.
Folding tables, blankets, and serving ware will definitely be useful, so bring what you'll need.
Take what you can use, give thanks, build community, play in the gorgeous park, and remember to cleanup after yourself. If you bring something, you are expected to take away whatever is left at the end.
- The playground is not ADA accessible.
- Bathrooms are available. They are single stalls and are wheelchair accessible but the doors have to be opened manually. There is no non-binary option.
- There are picnic areas but seating is limited. Please bring a blanket or chair as needed.
- Parking is in a residential area and free but limited. There is one wave rack for bike parking.
- Please bring your kids. This is a family-friendly affair.
- We encourage families, if they are able, to bring something to share potluck-style.