Paint in the Park
Join us for a community paint party! We'll supply the canvas, paint, glitter, and brushes -- you just need to bring a blanket to place on the grass for you to paint on (and/or easel) and to dress in clothes you're okay with getting messy in. Please note, this is a 'while supplies last' event.
If you want to get a head start and avoid having to sign-in the day of Paint in the Park, here's the link to the form so you can do that. Also, be mindful that the park opens at 10am. If you’d like to help us setup and/or want to take advantage of the playground while we get prepared, please do.
Highlighting artist, Loïs Mailou Jones.
All of our Community Programs are funded out-of-pocket by us, so if you're able to donate, please do. Be sure to select the "friends and family" options when donating, so that 100% of your donation goes to supporting us and that outside fees aren't taken from the host. Suggested donation is $20 per family but no one will be turned away for lack of ability to donate.
- The playground and park is ADA accessible and enclosed. There is only one way in and out.
- Bathrooms are available. They are single stalls and two are wheelchair accessible but the doors have to be opened manually. There is no non-binary option. Select restrooms have baby changing stations in them.
- There are no stairs at this location.
- This is a fragrance-free event. Although we will be outdoors, please come unscented to protect those with environmental/chemical sensitivities.
- There is one wave-style bike rack available for bike parking to the far left of the front of the park.
- There are picnic areas but seating is limited. Please bring your own blanket and/or chair as needed.
- There is no ASL interpreter for this event. Additionally, the hosts took Spanish in high school but are by no means fluent.
- Parking is free.
- Please bring your kids. This is a family-friendly affair.
- If your child requires a snack, please bring one. We also encourage families, if they are able, to bring something to share potluck-style.