We host free, year-round Family Rides open to all families and led by certified League Cycling Instructors (LCIs). Please bring your favorite kids' books featuring protagonists of color (each month we focus on a different topic) and at the end of the ride (usually at a local park with restroom access), we'll gather and share the books our families have brought and watch our kids play! Don't have a bike? No worries! We'll do our best to keep the pace slow, so those walking and/or rolling can keep up or if you prefer, you can always just meet us at our destination.
Upcoming Family Rides
Black History Month • Womxn's History Month • National Bike Month • Jazz Appreciation Month • LGBTQ+ Pride Month • PoC Mental Health Month • National Breastfeeding, Chestfeeding, and Nursing Month • Black is Beautiful • La Historía del Día de los Muertos • Night Rides
Need a Bike Tune-up?
Bike been collecting dust? Visit our Community Sponsor, Rooster Wheels & Coffee in Marina and mention "FoCMC" to receive a free bike check-up to get things back in working order.
For those interested, here's some data on our Family Night Ride + SALE that took place October 22, 2017.
- 30+ (adults & their children) total individuals attended.
- the youngest attendees were 2-years-old.
- the oldest kid attending was 10-years-old.
- the youngest parent attending was 26-years-old.
- the oldest parent attending was 49-years-old.
- attendees were from Seaside, Salinas, Watsonville, Santa Cruz, Gonzales, Monterey, Soledad, and Marina.
- most attendees self-identified as Latinx, Latina(o), Mexican, Black, Asian, mixed-race, and/or white.
- and the primary language(s) spoken by most attendees was Spanish, Arabic, Catalan, and English.
Help us apply for nonprofit 501(c)(3) status! We have a minimum of $2500 in major donations in progress that require a tax deduction to be completed. If you've got it like that, please consider donating to help cover the fees associated with the application process for becoming nonprofit. Any amount helps!